Rehabilitation / Biological control with birds of prey
It's springtime & lots of baby birds are leaving their nests. But, some birds don't make it on their first flight...rather they end up on the ground, injured and helpless.
If you find one of these injured birds, you need to know what to do - and take action fast. If you find an injured bird, carefully put it in a cardboard box/shoebox/ with a lid or a towel over the top, and place in a cool, safe place. Birds go into shock very easily when injured, and often die from the shock. Do not try to force feed or give water to the bird. You should NOT try to rehabilitate any animal on your own, as you may cause further damage or imprint upon the raptor. You should contact the wildlife rehabilitator in your area for assistance as quickly as possible and protect the raptor from cats, dogs, and other animals until assistance has arrived or if you have to transport it to a rehabilitator.
How to Handle a Raptor to Transport to a Rehabilitator:
1. Put the towel over the bird, the darkness will calm the bird more. 2. Wearing your gloves and safety glasses to protect you from their sharp beak and talons, gently take hold of the raptor by keeping the birds wings close to its body (unless the raptor has clearly suffered an injury to the wing), and keeping your hands out of reach of the raptors talons. 3. Place the raptor inside the kennel or box. Ensure that the box has plenty of air holes for ventilation. It is best to have a box that is slightly bigger than the raptor, if it is too small the raptor can do serious damage to its feathers and wings and if it is too large it is possible for the raptor to hurt itself by thrashing around 4. Keep the box in a dark safe place away from animals and children until it is time for it to be transported.
►What to do if you have found a lost hawk or falcon wearing equipment ?
You should contact the falconers in your area:
•Bratislava okresy: BA, SC – Matrin Bobrík 0904 214 743 •Dunajská Streda okresy: DS, GA – Juraj Guštafík 0948 524 992 •Záhorie okresy: MA, SI, SE – Ing. Ján Hrušecký, PHD. 0903 567 561 •Senica okresy: SE, MY – RNDr. Michal Kozák 0908 571 870 •Trnava okresy: TT, PK, GA – Astur Hrad Červený Kameň Anton Moravčík 0949 459 209 •Nové Zámky okresy: NZ, KN, SA – Ing. Marián Galovič 0907 191063 •Nové Mesto nad Váhom okresy: NM, PN – Dominik Sloboda 0949 250451 •Trenčín okresy: TN, PU, IL – Ing. Ján Kebísek 0918 827 622 • Prievidza okresy: PD, TR – Sokoliari Aquila Bojnice Jozef Tomík 0905 497 068 • Hlohovec okres: HC – Martin Malík 0902 197 249 •Nitra okresy: NR, TO, ZM – Sokoliari Aquila Bojnice Jozef Tomík 0905 497 068 •Banská Štiavnica: BS – Ing. Daniel Haraba 0907 419 111 •Veľký Krtíš okresy: VK, KA – Jan Koncz 0908 896 084 •Rimavská Sobota: RS, PT, LC – Ing. Iveta Ružičková Fiľová 0905500551 •Rožňava okresy: RV, RA – Ing. Ivan Maroši 0917 456 052 •Turiec okresy: MT, TR – Ing. Miroslav Valaštík 0905 346 158 •Žilina okresy: ZA, BY, PB – Ing. Branislav Zajac, 0911 204 856 • Liptovský Mikuláš okresy: LM, RK – Mgr. Záhradník Ľubomír, 0903 353 926 •Prešov okresy: PO, SB – Jakub Fuchs 0907 959 188 • Košice okresy: KE, KS, GL, TV, PO, MI – Slávo Kukurugya 0908 786 333
►Biological control with birds of prey...
- trained falcons and hawks have been used successfully for many years at airports
- falconry is very good for stopping pigeons from messing up buildings, for crop protection, for vineyards protection from starlings etc.
- our birds haven´t been trained to kill pests – this isn't pigeon or starling extermination, we're merely trying to drive them away
- numerous companies in Europe and North America use the birds to keep pests away from airports, football stadiums, buildings, shoping centers etc.
“This is a very environmentally friendly, effective and natural deterrent !“
Falcons keep our buildings free from pigeon filth ! – Booking!
Please contact us for details firstname.lastname@example.org